Leg

Posted on June 17th, 2008 by Cam.
Categories: Let's talk.

Well, the ball is rolling now. I got in contact with Dr Brad this morning and he is requesting an MRI and X-rays, and I wouldn’t mind getting my bloods done again.

It has been a while since we have had to deal with the ‘uncertain’ nature of diagnosis. For the last six months or so I have had treatment for what we knew was there. Now that I am supposed to be in remission, I have been reminded that living in limbo is still going to be a constant. It is once again going to be a real decision to live life without this hanging over my head as much as possible.

It has made me wonder about what sort of decisions I would need to make in the event of another unexpected hurdle coming up. It is all very well to say that we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, but there are consequences for not thinking ahead too. At the moment, I am wondering what consequences will there be if I am lethargic or physically lose more mobility in the coming months? What will I do with work? What plans will I have to change in the future to accommodate the unforeseen?

Our response so far has been to scale back the timeframe by which we plan things. It has become more day-to-day living and being hopeful that we can do many of the things we aspire to do in the coming months. I was kind of hoping that I had said goodbye to my sore days for a while.

On a more positive note, having a sickness like this has allowed me to get in touch with some wonderful people, mainly suffering cancer themselves. I have been keeping in touch with a lovely lady in Florida called Jan who has been going through the same treatment as me at pretty much the same time. Jan is keeping a blog also which you can check out by clicking here.

0 comments.

Leave a comment

Comments can contain some xhtml. Names and emails are required (emails aren't displayed), url's are optional.